Join our Team
Director of Logistics
With our expertise in the logistics market we will utilize our insight and data to introduce to the client, vendors that will meet a criteria of excellence. Then on behalf of our clients we will negotiate the business solution that meets their service and pricing needs. After our client selects their vendor of choice we will continue to build a relationship with the vendor to ensure pricing is consistent with the contract and the vendor is continuing to provide our client with the best solutions. Quarterly reviews with the clients will provide updates on the progress of the new contract and to address any vendor issues.
The Logistics Market is defined as follows:Ocean and Air
– With the right skill set, PRP can market more aggressively to new clients and expand this market.Small Parcel
– A successful logistics director will have excellent knowledge of the players in this market, and the ability to maximize value for our clients in both rate and procedural opportunities.
Over the Road (OTR) and Less than Truckload (LTL)
– The successful Logistics director will be able to identify and fit clients into this mode, therefore creating a healthy market of carriers to bid on the business.
Desired Skills & Experience
Technical skills of a successful candidate:
- Ability to Promote Product
- Negotiating Skills
- P&L Experience
- Vendor Relations
- Contract Management
- Matrix Management
- Client Presentation Skills
- Strategic Vision
- Ability to Listen
- Excellent Communication
- Time Management
The Director will be responsible for leading their team to be both profitable and growing on an annual basis. This will be accomplished through effective hiring, understanding the client needs, vendor management, and working with the PRP team to drive an innovative logistics product.